Want a tasty BBQ food that’s not going to make you feel sluggish and heavy in the summer sun?
Todd made some amazing veggie burgers the other day, and I can’t get over how much better they are than frozen store-bought burgers! As you can see, I’m rather enjoying them. 😉
These burgers are healthier and cheaper than the frozen ones you would buy at the store, and they’re also tastier and more fun! Plus they’re just as easy to reheat once you’ve made them! This recipe makes 12 patties, so you can make it for friends or freeze and reheat them for later.
Raspberry Coconut Chia Pudding
- 3 16oz cans black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
– Smash beans in a bowl and add veggies and garlic. Stir in eggs and spices, then stir in breadcrumbs, adding more or less if needed to make the mixture dry enough to make into patties.
– Form them into twelve patties, then either refrigerate or freeze them. Heat them slowly on the stove either from frozen or refrigerated, and enjoy on a bun or by itself! I like to put them on flatbread with avocado, and add mustard and (low sugar) BBQ sauce. Yum!
Tip: Play around with your spices, and add whichever ones sound good to you. We’ve made them with curry powder in the past, and I’m sure other spice mixes would be fun to experiment with as well!