With COVID-19 spreading and everyone social distancing, I thought I’d share a recipe that’s easy, flavorful, and has minimal fresh ingredients for those of us who are immune compromised and avoiding grocery store trips as much as possible.
This vegetarian curry is an awesome recipe to have on hand for those days you just don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. And it’s great for meal prepping and having for a few days in a row for a lunch on the go – or in the home!
Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder, or more to taste
- 1 tsp salt, or more to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice, for serving
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, for serving
- Fresh black pepper, to taste, for serving
– Chop onion and cauliflower.
– Sauté onion in butter until browned. Add the cauliflower and cook for about 3min.
– Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, and curry powder.
– Add salt and simmer for 10-15min until cauliflower is tender.
– Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro and fresh black pepper.
COOKING AND MEAL PREP TIPS:
- Make a large batch of this curry for multiple meals.
- You can keep the curry and rice in the same container in the fridge, with the layer of rice on the bottom.
- This meal can stand solo, or you can pair it with other things! I’ve paired it with a Moroccan carrot salad and some animal protein (pictured above), and I’ve eaten it on its own.
Enjoy, and stay safe, healthy, and mentally well during these trying times, everyone. 💙